Not ready to apply?
Please sign up to join our Talent Community or update your profile HERE >.
Solution Architect - Canada
Job ID: 2886
Date published: 4-Oct-2017
Role: Software Architect/Developer
Level: Software Architect/Principle 1/ Manager
OMNETRIC Group is dedicated to helping energy providers reap the benefits of the digital energy system by integrating their energy operations with IT to support their business goals. Our global team of engineering, IT, security and data experts brings extensive industry experience to help customers discover and exploit data intelligence to capitalize on industry change, and realize new business models.
Helping customers since 2014, we are an inventive, technology services company and a joint venture between Siemens AG and Accenture. For more, visit www.omnetricgroup.com
OMNETRIC Group is looking for a candidate with a background in software development, design and implementation of complex software solutions with a focus on both traditional and emerging web technologies.
You will be working in the Application Development team working hands on software architecture, design, development and support implementation, estimation, and integration of the solution across the various levels of the solution stack.
- Architect and design software applications to enable implementation of smart grid solutions covering but not limited to Distributed Energy Management Systems (DER), Meter Data Management systems and Internet of Things (IOT) in the energy space
- Provide reliable and quality design to a variety of problems and requirements using sound problem solving techniques
- Estimate level of effort, evaluate design options, offer suggestions and improve processes, and provide comments on software design aspects
- Development will be highly customer and market focused
- Design implementation testing and maintenance of UI codebase
- Collaborate with distributed global development team
- Provide leadership and mentor junior and intermediate members of the development team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / Engineering and 8+ years of software development and architecture experience in developing with Java. 3+ years of experience leading software development projects, or acting as a solution architect (or an equivalent role)
- 5+ years of experience in architecting full stack solutions, including expertise in at least two of the following domains: Business/Enterprise Architecture, Application Architecture, Infrastructure Architecture, Data/Information Architecture
- 5+ years of experience in RESTful API design and implementation, including: API documentation & API versioning Data formats (JSON, XML) and data serialization (Protobuf, Thrift)
- 2+ years of experience in monolith application decomposition and microservices architectures including: Domain Driven Design (DDD)
- Experience in the energy industry, AMI and / or other relevant "meter-to-cash" applications are advantageous
- User experience (UX) and user interface (UI) design, including Responsive design and grid frameworks (e.g. Bootstrap)
- 3+ years Experience in modern DevOps workflows including: Tools such as Git, Jira, Jenkins, Maven/Gradle Containers, PaaS and CaaS – Docker, OpenShift
- Agile delivery and testing – ATDD/BDD/TDD, Continuous Integration, continuous testing, pairing, automated testing
- Experience in Linux and scripting skills
- It is currently our objective to assign our people to work near where they live. However, given the nature of our business and our need to serve our clients our employees must be available to travel when needed
Bonus Skills (Not Mandatory)
- Design patterns, such as Bulk Heading, Circuit Breaking, Back Pressure / Throttling, Fail-Fast, Non-Blocking, Separation of Concerns
- Polyglot persistency, emphasis on NoSQL (e.g. Cassandra, MongoDB, HBase, etc.) and persistency patterns such as Event Sourcing and CQRS
- Modern fast data streaming architectures and frameworks – such as Apache Spark/Streaming, Kafka/Streams, Flink, Beam
- Angular2/NativeScript and React/React-Native
- Master’s Degree or higher (any)