Not ready to apply?
Please sign up to join our Talent Community or update your profile here >.
Service Delivery Manager
London, United Kingdom
Job ID: 2885
Date published: 7-Aug-2017
Service Delivery Manager
Senior Consultant | Application Maintenance | UK
We are looking for an experienced Service Delivery Manager to join our growing organisation. The evolution toward a
smarter grid is the most comprehensive, disruptive development to confront the energy business in more than a
century. To help utilities realize the benefits of a more digital grid, Siemens and Accenture have come together to
form a joint venture called OMNETRIC Group.
We are looking for consultants who are able to work with customers to improve their security posture. Our work is
commonly as part of the project implementation working with our delivery teams to bring the smart grid to life, plug
the gaps and close the loopholes so threat actors aren't able to disrupt the key services our customers provide.
This requires you to be up close with our customers and being flexible enough to take on the challenges of delivering
complex technical solutions, securely.
Alongside a passion for personal growth, career development and an appetite to learn – we are specifically looking for
- Can authorize and oversee application(s), support, design, plans projects and/or support activities, and
- establishes and monitors progress.
- Adheres to the established lifecycle methodology and practices in accordance to project plans while carrying
- out their responsibilities. This may include maintaining program libraries and technical documentation of the
- individual applications, application enhancements, and manage change requests.
- Establishes support process and program documentation requirements. Reviews current status of applications
- and support process. Prepares recommendations for process and system improvements. Ensures objectives
- are achieved using strategic process innovation whenever possible.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function. Provides
- leadership to staff and ensures smooth operations of daily activities.
- Understands the nature and scope of anticipated work
- Provides regular feedback regarding the progress of active engagements
- Presents project status to management and key stakeholders
- Other tasks and responsibilities may be assigned
- Can demonstrate technical competency in several of the following technologies and hold the equivalent experience
- 8+ years experience in leading and managing Information Technology projects.
- Candidate location preferable in the UK.
- Fluent in English speaking and writing.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Technology, Computer Information Systems, Computer
Applications, Engineering, or a related field
- Experience leading Application Maintenance teams with a focus on excellence in delivery is a must
- Must be comfortable with a long term assignment
- Experience with managing offshore resources is a plus
- ITIL experience along with implementing and working with application support desk required.
- Able to use communication skills (including active listening) and interpersonal skills to communicate clearly, effectively and persuasively.
- Experience leading teams that develop and/or support applications with at least three of the following: Java,
- Siemens EnergyIP knowledge is a plus.
- Security ie crypto management, encryption/decryption knowledge is a plus.
- Experience partnering with others to solve problems quickly and efficiently
- Experience managing high performing local and/or global teams. Includes: annual evaluations, hiring, counseling, mentoring, training, and other management activities. Confers with and advises staff on standards, policies and procedures, technical problems, priorities and methods.
- Experience working in Agile delivery
- Experience in the utilities industry and UK market is a plus
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple engagements, activities and deadlines effectively.
- Self-motivated results oriented and trusted to deliver on commitments
- Able to demonstrate experience with development, implementation, administration, testing and installation of enterprise level software.
- Able to work accurately, paying attention to detail and following oral and/or written instructions.
- Able to demonstrate strong analytical skills and communicate analysis, problem statements and solutions to all levels of management, internal staff and clients.