Not ready to apply?
Please sign up to join our Talent Community or update your profile here >.
Solutions Engineer - USA
U.S. Remote Position, United States
Job ID: 2891
Date published: 15-Nov-2017
Posting Title: Solutions Engineer (Consultant or Sr. Consultant Level) – Remote Position
Department: Smart Market
OMNETRIC Group is dedicated to the global delivery of integrated information technology and operational technology solutions and services, helping utility companies to achieve greater grid reliability and efficiency. OMNETRIC Group is a joint venture between Siemens AG and Accenture. Combining Siemens’ leading energy technology product portfolio with Accenture’s systems integration, consulting and managed services capabilities, OMNETRIC Group can support clients with innovative solutions wherever they may be on their path to a smarter grid. For more information, visit www.omnetricgroup.com.
- Deploy, configure and test Siemens Smart Grid EnergyIP® Platform and associated software solutions.
- Provide technical leadership within the project team to ensure work tasks are divided up, prioritized, progressing and completed with high quality.
- Assist in designing workflows, new processes, data flows and integrations with existing systems and business practices.
- Create and maintain technical documentation of the solution.
- Create and deliver end user training and workshops through on-site implementation.
- Create, execute and support customer acceptance test plans for OMENTRIC customer’s Smart Grid solutions.
- Provide technical assistance with the creation of operational processes.
- Identify, log, track and assist in the resolution of software and process issues.
- Provide the first tier of support for technical questions on software functionality from end-users, internal and external customers.
- Implement and deliver projects with minimal supervision.
- Drive installation and deployment standards.
- Work collaboratively with the Solution Architect, Custom Application Development team, and internal product team to deliver innovative solutions for our customers.
Academic and Experience Criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or relevant discipline; Graduate degree a plus.
- 5+ years of experience of configuration of EnergyIP or related enterprise platform
- 5+ years of experience in enterprise systems integration
- 3+ years of extensive customer-facing consulting experience
- 3+ years of experience creating technical documentation (requirements, high and low level design documents, etc)
- 3+ years of experience working with Linux or Unix like environments. Scripting proficiency in Linux is a plus.
- 2+ years of experience writing SQL queries
- Hands on experience with Web technology deployment, configuration, testing (SOAPUI), and administration on Linux/Unix.
- Hands on experience with using a source control system
- Experience with reporting tools and development experience desirable
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with customers, senior management, executives and project teams.
- Familiarity with Smart Grid initiatives and regulation in North America.
- Full Project Lifecycle experience on a large implementation program, including definition, estimation, requirements gathering, configuration, and delivery.
- Fundamental understanding of utility industry and smart grid/smart meter technology.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, work well with people from a variety of different backgrounds and cultures, build relationships with clients and co-workers, work independently and as part of a team, take active measures to solve problems and commit to a high level of service.