Not ready to apply?
Please sign up to join our Talent Community or update your profile here >.
Vice President, Custom Development - Americas | USA / CANADA
USA or, Canada
Job ID: 2850
Date published: 26-Jul-2016
OMNETRIC Group is dedicated to the global delivery of integrated information technology and operational technology solutions and services, helping utility companies to achieve greater grid reliability and efficiency. OMNETRIC Group is a joint venture between Siemens AG and Accenture. Combining Siemens’ leading energy technology product portfolio with Accenture’s systems integration, consulting and managed services capabilities, OMNETRIC Group can support clients with innovative solutions wherever they may be on their path to a smarter grid. For more information, visit www.omnetricgroup.com.
Scope of the Position:
seeking an experienced, motivated, creative entrepreneurial Executive to lead Custom
Development strategies for the Americas. The VP of Custom Development supports the portfolio Groups – Smart Market, Architecture, Integration and Technology, Energy Insight, Smart Market
and Grid Operations (as an internal customer) in opportunity development and execution.
This Executive will lead Smart Grid OT/IT integration with innovative products
and customer partnerships to delivery best-in-class solutions for grid
operation and competitive smart energy markets. OMNETRIC Group is a fast growing, fast-paced, cutting edge,
and business-oriented organization with an energetic atmosphere. This
position will require up to 50% travel while on client engagements.
- Lead and manage Custom Development strategies to include opportunities for both prospective and current partners to bring our value proposition to life regarding Siemens Core Product extensions (EIP, Add On’s to Spectrum Power as well as Analytical Applications).
- Provide thoughtful input to the overall strategy and technology direction for the ongoing enhancement and development of product offering.
- Be an active spokesperson, internally and externally by communicating and promoting OMNETRIC Group’s technology vision and solutions.
- Manage and continuously develop innovative products through leadership and collaborative team building.
- Stay abreast of new technologies and issues in the smart grid industry, including competitive technologies, platforms and associated solutions.
- Direct the development activities of the Custom Development team.
- Develop and communicate overall positioning, benefits, features to internal and external stakeholders.
- Understand business issues, their drivers, and articulate solutions.
- Ensure the right processes and methodologies allowing a high quality development process ranging from requirement engineering to support.
- Respond to and undertake innovative special projects, as necessary.
- Manage functional scope to reduce project risk.
- Manage the expectations of the customer or business partner.
Academic and Experience Criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline; MBA preferred.
15+ years of experience in applicable field with demonstrated progression of responsibilities towards leadership; experience with demonstrated track record in sales, account/project management, ideally in a client-focused, utility, Telecomm or Information Technology, operations environment.
- Unrivaled excellence in Custom Development regarding Siemens Core Product extensions (EIP, Add On’s to Spectrum Power as well as Analytical Applications) or equivalent.
- Software Development Life Cycle: Knowledge of and experience with using a structured methodology (Agile) for delivering new or enhanced software products to the marketplace.
- Knowledge and understanding of data conditioning, omni channels presentment, data output, and archiving.
- Application Delivery Process: Knowledge of and ability to utilize major tasks, deliverables, and formal application delivery methodologies to deliver new or enhanced applications.
- Technical Documentation: ability to formalize technical documentation for both internal and external customers.
- Application Testing/ Defect Resolution: Knowledge of and ability to design, plan and execute application testing strategies and tactics to ensure software quality throughout all stages of application development.
- Operating Systems & Environments: Knowledge of and experience with developing and supporting software(ERP) for multiple operating environments
- System Development Lifecycle: Knowledge of project management techniques, and ability to plan, design, develop, test, implement and maintain system development life cycle segments and phases.
- Knowledge of Smart Grid initiatives and regulation in North America.
- Utility domain experience and knowledge of business processes in electric utilities: Transmission Operations, Distribution Operations, Work Management, Asset Management, Field Services, Metering and Customer Service.
- Strong functional and technical knowledge of operational systems including Energy Management Systems (EMS), Advanced Distribution Management Systems (OMS), Geographical Information System (GIS), Meter Data Management (MDM), Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI), Customer Information System (CIS), Asset Management Systems and Smart Grid Infrastructure.
- Experience with creating, selling and delivering management consulting projects/programs as well as strategic development of new business process related frameworks, and models.
- Creative and entrepreneurial skill sets with a
- Strong relationship management skills for dealing with a range of Corporate and Client partners and industries.
- Strong collaboration with internal teams to identify potential trends potentially allowing differentiating IP.
- Ability to manage a global team including dedicated offshore teams to ensure competitiveness, drive team spirit, analytic thinking.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with the internal staff and external clients.
- Ability to comprehend complex and interdependent business processes.
- Experience in software development process, overall knowledge of phases and methodologies, requirements engineering, basics, practical experience with projects.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.