Not ready to apply?
Please sign up to join our Talent Community or update your profile here >.
Data Scientist - Austria
Job ID: 2893
Date published: 17-Nov-2017
Permanent Opportunity - Austria
Experts for Big Data Analytics in the Smart Grid
We are looking for professionals for Data Analytics and Operations technology/Information Technology (OT/IT) integration projects at our offices in Germany or Austria. We are addressing junior and senior applicants (graduates or 3-5 years of working experience), who are team players with good communication and language skills (English as a must-have, German as a should-have), an open personality and preferably, global project experience in different countries.
OMNETRIC Group is 200+ people today and growing fast. We believe we offer the best of both worlds to our customers: expertise in operations and information technology and how to integrate them. Likewise, we can offer practitioners experience working on projects that represent the next wave of technology innovation in the area of smart grid. We are building a new culture, promoting agility, expertise and collaboration, as well as, customer-focus.
We believe that the diversity of the people in our team will be one of the keys to success.
OMNETRIC Group is a joint venture between Siemens and Accenture, which went live in April, 2014.
OMNETRIC Group is dedicated to delivering integrated IT/OT solutions and services to help utility companies around the world achieve greater reliability and efficiency in the grid. We offer innovative solutions on a global scale by combining Siemens’ leading energy technology product portfolio with Accenture’s strong smart grid systems integration, consulting and managed services capabilities.
OMNETRIC Group brings together a strong combination of experienced engineers, IT experts and project managers. Together, our highly skilled team possesses the deep industry, process, technology and delivery experience required to help utilities take advantage of opportunities to improve operations.
OMNETRIC Group’s solutions and services hold the key to helping companies realize better business results from improved IT/OT integration. By enhancing processes, technology, information and cost effectiveness, utility companies are better positioned to capture the benefits from the digitization of the grid.
- Learn more under http://www.omnetricgroup.com/
Your Environment and Responsibilities
- Join our company with its two powerful parents – Siemens & Accenture – on its journey to success in the Smart Grid environment
- Work in a global team of technology and industry experts, typically at projects in electricity and gas Utilities
- Think out-of-the-box and leverage innovative open source technologies, as well as conventional approaches
- Act as an evangelist for Big Data Analytics in the Smart Grid environment at our clients and prospects
- Design solution architectures and build your experience and leadership skills in our international projects
Experience we are interested in (not all items below are required in one person, the more, the better)
- Knowledge of classical analytics RDBMS technologies (Teradata, Oracle, IBM, etc.)
- Knowledge of emerging open source technologies (Hadoop, NoSQL, etc.)
- Knowledge of ETL and Data Integration processes and technologies (Talend, Informatica, etc.)
- Knowledge of streaming technologies
- Data Modelling (third normal form and dimensional models, logical and physical models)
- SQL experience
- JAVA experience
- Data scientist skills (“one-stop-shop” for data wrangling, data mining, statistical modelling, etc.)
- Agile project methods
- Application development with various Big Data technologies
- Programming: Java EE, Python, R, Scala
- Enterprise technologies: Spring Framework, Hibernate, JMS, REST, JUnit, Mockito
- Database knowledge, e.g. Oracle, MySQL, Postgre, BigchainDB
- Operating systems: Unix/Linux, MS Windows