Not ready to apply?
Please sign up to join our Talent Community or update your profile here >.
Security Engineer - Austria
Job ID: 2884
Date published: 19-Jul-2017
Cyber Security Engineer
Smart Grid Integration and Security | Cyber Security | EMEA
We are looking for experienced security consultants to join our growing Cyber Security practice. The evolution toward a smarter grid is the most comprehensive, disruptive development to confront the energy business in more than a century. To help utilities realize the benefits of a more digital grid, Siemens and Accenture have come together to form a joint venture called OMNETRIC Group.
We are looking for consultants who are able to work with customers to improve their security posture. Our work is commonly as part of the project implementation working with our delivery teams to bring the smart grid to life, plug the gaps and close the loopholes so threat actors aren't able to disrupt the key services our customers provide.
This requires you to be up close with our customers and being flexible enough to take on the challenges of delivering complex technical solutions, securely.
Alongside a passion for personal growth, career development and an appetite to learn – we are specifically looking for people who:
- Can work directly with customers across Europe and are comfortable with talking to both technical and business leaders.
- Are able to interact with customer technical teams including infrastructure, network, operations and local security teams
- Are able to collaborate with other OMNETRIC teams to ensure that projects have the right security to meet our customers' needs
- Are able to work with our senior security staff, but can also organise and motivate themselves
- Are fluent in English and ideally other European languages
Can demonstrate technical competency in several of the following technologies:
- Oracle database
- Apache Tomcat
- Crypto key use and storage such as Hardware security modules
- Amazon Web Services / Azure administration
- Firewall management including packet inspection
- Syslog/Log management
- Identity and access management
- Intrusion detection technologies
- Application whitelisting technologies
- Industrial Control Systems (SCADA, DNP3)
Certifications are not essential but the following would be desirable:
- CISSP or other (ISC)2 such as CCSP
- CEH or other EC-Council
- Any SANS certificates / GIAC
- Any government accreditations
Ideally you will have experience working in the energy sector with transmission, distribution, consumption or distributed generation and can demonstrate our core principles of commitment, curiosity, courage and collaboration.
OMNETRIC Group brings together a strong combination of experienced engineers, IT experts and project managers. Together, our highly skilled team possesses the deep industry, process, technology and delivery experience required to help utilities take advantage of opportunities to improve operations.
OMNETRIC Group is dedicated to quality, equality and valuing diversity. We welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.